Saturday, July 21, 2012

Cricut Cartridge Review - Twinkle Toes

Cricut Cartridge Review - Twinkle Toes
Cricut Lite Cartridge


Rating *****
Ease of Use - Beginner

As soon as I saw the Cricut Lite Cartridge, Twinkle Toes I knew I HAD to have it.  The cuts all remind me so much of my three year old, Meghan and I knew the images provided would be excellent to include in projects for my little dance princess.  I definitely do NOT regret this cartridge buy as the diversity provided in the cuts is perfect for cards, crafts and scrapbook pages. 

I like the fact that there are dancing animals on this cartridge as well as children.  The accesories provided are also excellent for other themes.  The piano goes along with music themes, the stage goes with theater and there are princess images as well.  There are also wonderful sentiments for things other than regular dance, like cheering.  The shoes would be perfect for a Wizard of Oz themed project as they look like great ruby slippers.  There is so much more that you can do with Twinkle Toes than you may originally think about when you look at the box.  The girls, or boy, on the cartridge also don't HAVE TO be dancers.  You can easily make these cuts for use on gymnastics layouts as well.  You'll see an example of this next weekend.

Here's a fun crocodile card that I made and posted recently.


The reason that I gave this a "beginner" rating for ease of use is due to the fact that each image only ever requires four cuts.  The die cuts are super easy to put together and figure out, so this cartridge would be absolutely perfect for a first time Cricut user.


I enjoyed putting some Stampin Up bling on this little dancer card.  I do want to mention that I manipulated this cut so I could change her hair color.  Since there are only ever four cuts on each image, you may want to cut one more than once if you find that you need a different hair color than the base image, it is very easy to cut out the hair yourself if you recut the base image in the color you want.  Otherwise, this little girl would have had black hair, which wasn't what I wanted for this cut.  I also used a white gel pen to color in her eyes and added the black dot because I like this look better than just black eyes.

I added these two sweet dancing animals to the baby album that I made for my friend.  These cuts show that this cartridge is appropriate for children as young as babies all the way up to older girls that are in cheerleading and dance.  This broad range of diversity of use is one of the reasons that I gave this Cricut Lite cartridge a five star rating.  The fact that Provocraft provided such a large amount of accesories and that the images are so easy to piece together are two other reasons for the five star rating.  Don't forget that this is a Cricut Lite cartridge, so when I say it has a lot of images I mean a lot for a Cricut Lite cartridge.  Lite cartridges come with fewer images and cost less money than full content cartridges.  The fact that this cartridge costs less and is super easy to use is another reason to reccomend this product to a first time Cricut user as the money invested in the item is low.

I highly reccomend Twinkle Toes as it is now one of my favorites.  You'll see some more projects on this one next weekend that I will be entering into a fun blog hop.  Let me know if you've used this cartridge and what you think of it.  Thanks for following along.  Happy Crafting!!!

1 comment: