Monday, July 2, 2012

Cricut Cartridge Review - Country Life

Cricut Cartridge Review
Country Life
Rating **** (Four Stars)
Level of Difficulty (intermediate)


I really enjoy working with the Cricut cartridge, Country Life.  I gave it an intermediate level of difficulty for a number of reasons.  When you look at the images above you will find that there are many intricate cuts that could make these images difficult to cut on the Cricut at small sizes.  There are also layers of small paper piecing required on each image, which can be difficult to figure out for first time Cricut users.  You’ll want to make sure to look at the book carefully before piecing your die cut together.
I gave this cartridge a four star rating because it does have many images that you can use on multiple projects, but it’s missing the extra fun accessories that would give it a five star rating.  There are also several that, even though they are very cute, you might have trouble finding a use for them on your projects.
I love the country style on this cartridge.  The images would be perfect for a country chic kitchen.  The above sentiment came from Mary at CardzTV and was perfect for this card.  The basket and grass came from Create a Critter while the eggs are from George and Basic Shapes and cut using my Gypsy to get them this small.

I love this great rocking chair image with the cat.  It looks so relaxing like it belongs on a nice country porch somewhere.



Believe it or not, not all cute animals come from the Create A Critter cartridge.  I love this sheep because of the little swirls that are cut out on it.  You could lightly rub some Tim Holtz Tea Die distress ink or this to give it more definition, but I hadn't discovered that technique yet when I did this cut.



This shadow box is by far my favorite project that I used the Country Life cartridge on.  The sewing machine has quite a few details to glue and cut, but when complete it looks great.  I got the scissor and dress form cuts from Wall Decor and More.  I copied my measuring tape on my scanner and printed it out, so no I didn't cut up my real measuring tape, which was the first thing my husband asked me.  :-)  The plan is to hang this up on the wall by my sewing machine, if I can ever find the nails.

In closing, over all this is a very cute cartridge with great style.  If you don't own it yet I would definitely reccomend it.  I hope that this review was helpful.  Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know or see about this cartridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment