Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Uses For Scrap Paper - Getting Cricky Design Team Post

Hi everyone this is Julie McElhinney.  I am new to the Getting Cricky Design team, so I'll tell you a little about myself before getting into today's post.  I currently manage www.thecricutchirp.com and www.scraphappypapercrafter.com.  On The Cricut Chirp I post everything Cricut related and some other crafts.  On ScrapHappy Paper Crafter I post free digital stamps pretty much every day in order to encourage others to craft and make the world a better place through what we love to do, CRAFT. 

I am a married mom of one three year old girl named Meghan, aka Meggie.  We have a very musical family.  I play fiddle, piano, guitar and some Irish Bodhran drum.  My husband plays bagpipes, tin whistle and flute.  We stay pretty active in the Irish and Scottish community and I stay pretty active with my crafting.  I work full time for a bank as a compliance auditor and have been there for almost 12 years now. Hard to believe I started out there when I was 19!!! 

I've been crafting since I could pick up a pen in church and doodle, so I was probably about 3 years old.  I used to teach scrap booking classes through Creative Memories for a number of years, which I loved while I was in college.  Now I am pretty addicted to my Cricut and drawing digital stamp images for others.  I got pretty sick after having my daughter three years ago and through that struggle I found strength in making the world a little better place for others, so maybe other people might not have to go through the same struggle that I did.  I am still dealing with my medical problems, but have grown so much through the struggle.

THE TUTORIAL - In case you want to skip the BIO.  :-)


I'm sure like me, many of you have made some New Years Resolutions for 2013.  This year I PROMISED myself that I would really focus on using up more of my scrap paper stash.  I recently did a massive craft room clean up, throw out, and organization. 

I had to throw away a lot of scrap paper, which made me sick because I hate to waste paper.  Ultimately all the pretty bits of paper were really starting to take over my craft space and stress me out, so I feel much better now that I narrowed it down to two boxes of scraps. 
You can order stamps at www.kandrewdesigns.com

Today I used the K Andrew Designs "Guy Talk" stamp set for my xylophone card.  This is an excellent card to do for paper scraps. 

Tools used;
Paper trimmer
Cropodile
Corner rounder
ATG tape
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Stamp Block
"Guy Talk" K Andrew Design stamp set "Badda Bing"

I hope you get inspired to use more of your paper scraps this year too!


4 comments:

  1. Your cards are so awesome, Julie!! And fabulous tutorial, too!! I enjoyed getting to know you better!! Welcome to the GC family :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Look forward to more posts! Would love it if you would follow me back!! lol
    Ro Donner
    http://rodonner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card! Off cleaning scraps I will go :)

    ReplyDelete