Saturday, October 3, 2015

Fun with paper dolls

This started out as something fun to do for my daughter. I spent awhile laying down designing on the Design Space iPhone ap since I'm still not feeling well. 

My daughter, Meghan is six now and she is a new fan to Star Wars since we just introduced her to the movies. I'm kind of surprised that she already knows all of the character's names and has worked to become an expert at it. I think I will probably turn these paper dolls into a picture for her room at some point. 

First I started with Luke and Leia.



Then since Meghan wants to be Darth Vader for Halloween I went on to the dark side next. 


Meghan as Darth Vader


Then I really didn't want to leave out Yoda, Han and Chewie.



I'm not sure if I will attempt the droids, but I may try to ad Obi Wan at some point.

Most of the images are all manipulated using pieces from Everyday Paper Dolls and Paper Doll Dress Up. Yoda and Vader were a bit more complicated. I found a bell that I used for Vader's helmet and had to find a piece to weld on to Yoda for the ears. So a lot of welding, attaching and or slicing was involved in making these on Design Space. I had fun practicing these skills though. If these ever make their way to a canvas I will be sure to show the final project. Although if Meghan has her way she may just play with them, which is ok too. 






5 comments:

  1. Awesome!! You did a great job making them. My 6 yr old granddaughter would love them. She is so into Star Wars right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Star Wars and your creations. I'm a fan of Star Wars. Since you used Design Space would you mind sharing the files (think this is done by clicking on public) and then letting me know the file link names so I can download them into my Design Space to use? I do have the Everyday Paper Dolls & Dress Up cartridges. My email is and replace symbols for words in parens and no blanks:
    sunshine_honeybee2004 (at sign) yahoo (dot) com
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was hoping to see a link or rcv an email.
      Melissa
      "Sunshine HoneyBee"

      Delete
    2. Sorry just saw this one. I can try to save the file and see if I can make it public. Haven't tried it before.

      Delete
    3. Try this Melissa. It is saved "public" as Star Wars. Since it's just fan art it shouldn't be a big deal sharing the file.

      https://us.cricut.com/canvas/31890742


      A couple of the images I had to alter after cutting. Like Luke's tunic the bottom of it I cut with my scissors. So you'll have to watch a couple things like that. Not 100% perfect.

      Delete