Friday, October 16, 2015

A spooky project

Miss Meghan, my six year old, didn't have school today. We decided to decorate the mantel for Halloween. 

First I cut out 8 pumpkins from Create a Critter after removing the faces using the contour option on Design Space. I drew the faces on 4 of them and Meghan drew the faces on the other 4. 


Then I asked Meghan what kind of things were spooky for Halloween. So I cut out a couple ghosts from Simply Charmed and spiders from Mini Monsters. I removed the faces from the leaves on Create a Critter so I could cut them out in one layer. To ad some dimension to the leaves I added some Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink. 

Strung up with some black and white baker's twine.


I folded the leaves to make the creases like the veins in real leaves. 

Most of the cool 3d items are from the Happy Hauntings cartridge. I didn't like the faces on the original pumpkins, so I removed them and added faces from other pumpkins in Design Space. The ghost shown here is from Create a Critter 2.

Bat from Create a Critter 2. 


We're pretty happy with the end result. 

Meghan thinks it's kinda spooky. 






7 comments:

  1. Cute decorations!! Your daughter is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Halloween decor. Your daughter is cute. Wonderful that she joined in on adding pumpkin faces. I've started decorating for Halloween. I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow so most of my decor is Pirate/Skull themed.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried doing that 3d skull from Design Space and totally messed it up. Going to have to try again. It doesn't have very good instructions.

      Delete
  3. OMGoodness, what a Spook-tacular project that you and your daughter made. I love everything about it. Love your banner and those 3D decorations are Boo-tiful :-) Meghan is definitely following in Mommy's creative footsteps!
    Thanks for playing along with us at CardzTV.
    ♥ Lena – DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena. Meghan is definitely a crafty one.

      Delete
  4. Wow! You really did up your mantel. I love all of it. You've got a cute little helper there. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your talent with the Cardztv DT! Love your project!

    Cathy - 3D Cardztv DT

    ReplyDelete