Saturday, March 9, 2013

My Cricut Craft Room 100 Cartridge Blog Hop

Welcome to Erica's Craft Room
100 Cricut Cartridge Blog Hop Day ONE


You should have started at http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/ if not please start at the beginning



Welcome to My Cricut Craft Room's March 100 cartridge Blog hop!
 Now we bring it to you the first full weekend of every month.
Collectively the design team uses over 100 different Cricut Cartridges in their projects during this hop.
This month we have a ton of guest designers....

Next you should go to Crystal's Blog
The blog hop officially kicks off at 10:00am EST Sunday March 10th, 2013

Hello everyone!  Thanks for stopping by the My Cricut Craft Room 100 Cricut cartridge blog hop!
If you have not stopped by before, my name is Julie and I am from the Akron Ohio area.  I'm a married working mom with one three year old girl named, Meghan.  I LOVE to craft with my Cricut and share the fun with others here at www.thecricutchirp.com  I hope you stop by again to see what new projects I'm working on.

I used the following cartridges...

Create a Critter 2
Teddy Bear Parade
George and Basic Shapes
Once Upon a Princess
Simply Charmed
Paper Doll Dress Up
Birthday Bash
Sweet Tooth Boxes
County Fair
Car Decals
Flower Shoppe

BLOG CANDY ALERT!!!  In order to be eligible to win blog candy from The Cricut Chirp you must be a USA resident, a follower of this blog, and leave a comment below by midnight EST Monday March 11th, 2013.  One winner will be chosen at random from the comments and announced on Tuesday March 12th. 

Blog Candy = assorted samples of bakers twine and surprise craft embellishments

My daughter's bathroom has had an Elmo theme since she was a baby. Now that she is 3 and a half I decided it was about time to get rid of Elmo and do something different.  Meghan is really into Hello Kitty at the moment, but I don't have that hard to find cartridge, so I decided to make due with what I have.  I used Create a Critter 2 for the cat, but you can also find it on Create a Critter.  I removed the nose and whiskers with my gypsy and replaced it with an oval from George and Basic Shapes, welding the images together.  Then I cut out another oval a quarter inch smaller for the pink nose.  She really does look a lot like Hello Kitty, who has three whiskers instead of two.  Hello kitty also has a black line all around, her so I had to ad the blackout shadow as well.  I cut the outfits from Teddy Bear Parade.  I LOVE how the bow holder turned out.  I am a little hooked on making my daughter hair bows.  She never goes to preschool without wearing one.  I embossed the mermaid fin with my Cuttlebug and it looks so awesome in person.  I used the grass folder and another that looks like reptile scales.



I put vinyl in the shower using the Once Upon A Princess Cartridge. 


I just used my ATG gun to attach these cuts to the wall in Meghan's bathroom by the sink.  The fence is from Paper Doll Dress Up and the tree is from Simply Charmed.  The tree also comes with lemons to cut, but I opted not to cut those as they didn't quite go with the Hello Kitty theme.



Meghan's preschool class has been working on their numbers, so I made this fun clock for her to take to "show and share" this week.  The kids really enjoyed playing with the arrows and moving them around.  The numbers,and circles were cut using Birthday Bash while the arrows are from Paper Doll Dress Up.  I cut the ends of the arrows off to make them look more like clock hands.  This went together so fast as I just ran the 1" numbers through my Xyron Sticker Maker.



My dad's birthday is coming up soon, so I decided to make him a card using Birthday Bash for the banner and County Fair for the Ferris wheel and drink cup.  The grass was cut using a grass punch that I have.  The ticket stamps are from Mary at CardzTV (TICKET TALK 2).  I used Crystal Effects on the banner that is on a piece of green and white bakers twine and foam tape.  I stuck a brad in the middle of the Ferris wheel, which turned out super cute.  I used Tim Holtz Tea Die Distress ink around the edges of the tickets and grass.



I got the Car Decals cartridge a LONG time ago planning to make something for my car.  I decided now was a good enough time to do it.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!  These were cut using my Gypsy to fit the top half of my Cricut mat with black Cricut brand vinyl.  I tried cutting it smaller but it was much harder to work with.



My mom's 60th birthday was on the 8th, so I decided to make her a bouquet of my duct tape rose pens.  I got the vase from my local Dollar General for $2 and used some rocks from the same store ($1) to fill up half of the vase so the pens stick into the rocks.  The tag was cut using Sweet Treat Boxes and the sentiment stamp is from Close To My Heart.



This little notebook was cut using the roof cut from Sweet Treat Boxes. I removed the score lines in order to make the perfect notebook cover.  I love using a cut from something totally different than it was originally intended for!  The tea pot comes from Once Upon A Princess.  I decorated it up a bit using my Copics and a rhinestone.  I inked around the edges of everything with Tim Holtz Tea Die Distress Ink to give this a shabby chic sort of look.  This is also for my mom's birthday.  I ran a bead of hot glue down the spine and adhered some green paper inside using my Your Story.  I recently scored that for $40 at www.cricutmachine.com if you are looking into getting one.  I LOVE IT!



I used Coredinations cardstock cut at 3" for the below roses from the Flower Shoppe cartridge.  This was the first time that I attempted putting them on a floral wire stem and I really like how they look.  I plan on making some more flowers to ad to this vase, maybe the daisy next.  I did cut off one of the six petals when forming the inner bud as I found it to be easier to assemble that way.  I also cut the petals further down towards the center to make it easier to hot glue.I wrapped the floral wire with green floral tape.  I may have to do a video on these sometime soon to show my preferred method of assembling these roses.





Next you should go to Crystal's Blog


11 comments:

  1. Awesome job on all your projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects! I love the flowers they are Gorgeous!
    Miranda :)
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the projects especially how you created your own hello kitty!! Great job.

    Viviana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow tons of projects & great inspiration! I love that you made your own Hello Kitty! she looks great & your daughter will never know. also love the car decals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what awesome creations...Woo Hoo! What an awesome Hop...
    morentin1326ATaolDOTcom
    adventureofthecreativemind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects and wonderful creativity!

    mb6464@hotmail.com
    marciasmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful projects. My favorite is the Hello Kitty with the shiny skirt. So pretty.
    Thanks for sharing with all of us.
    Kathy:)

    http://kathy213-kathyscorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These projects are amazing! I love the carnival card! Thanks for sharing. New follower from scraphappyinohio.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Hello Kitty Bow hanger. I would love to make one of these for my four year old granddaughter. Can you tell me how big you cut this? Would love to see a video on this. Thanks Julie Love your projects

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Great job on all your wonderful projects. And can't tell the difference between your Hello Kitty and the original. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such adorable projects! Thank you so much for being a part of this hop and welcome to the design team!
    ~Erica
    Http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete