Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My Cricut Craft Room Design Team Post - Make a Paper Craft Using a Cricut Cake Cartridge





Today's My Cricut Craft Room Design project was to make a paper craft using a Cricut Cake cartridge.  I used the Birthday Cakes cartridge to make this card.  I embossed the tea pot top layer with my Cuttlebug using a new folder called Cross My Heart.  I really love the new Cuttlebug folders!  If you haven't gotten a chance to check them out yet, make sure that you do.  They have a small slit in the top so you can emboss much longer sheets of paper for scrapbooking pages.  They are also larger than the older standard embossing folders. 

I inked around the edges of my project with Tim Holts Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  I popped the tea cup up on two layers of foam tape to give the card some extra dimension.  The sentiments are from a stamp set from CardzTV called "Brew Ha Ha."  I cut the tea pot at 4" and the cup at 2" using my Gypsy.  I hope you enjoyed this project and check back for some more exciting design team posts for My Cricut Craft Room!

4 comments: